English for everyone

Teaching and learning English as a Foreign Language

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log in  

Share | 

On Women's day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 582
Emploi : Teacher
Registration date : 2006-02-07

PostSubject: On Women's day   Wed 8 Mar - 3:53

Hi everyone, sunny

flower flower flower flower Let me first wish a happy women's day for all women in the world flower flower flower flower

I would like to write few words about the improvement of women's situation in Morocco since Mohammed VI became King in July 1999. First, in March 2000, for the first time in the country's history, King Mohamed VI appointed a female Royal Counselor. Second, he appointed a woman to head the National Office of Oil Research and Exploration in August 2000. Third, in September 2000, he confirmed the first-ever female ministerial appointment. Fourth, the King appointed the first woman to head the National Office of Tourism in October 2000. After that, in May 2002, The Moroccan Parliament approved a proposal, backed by the King, that sets aside 30 seats for the election of women in the national elections of September 2002, "the King thinks it's only fair to have women be largely represented in parliament since they constitute 50 per cent of the whole Moroccan population, and they should therefore be represented accordingly." said Mr. Mohamed Al Achaari, minister of culture.

Have a nice day. queen

On Women's day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1