English for everyone
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
English for everyone

Teaching and learning English as a Foreign Language

HomeHome  PortalPortal  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Student's Shyness/Silence

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
a_janah7

a_janah7

Male
Number of posts : 60
Emploi : Teacher
Registration date : 2006-02-07

Student's Shyness/Silence Empty
PostSubject: Student's Shyness/Silence   Student's Shyness/Silence EmptyFri 14 Apr - 16:09

Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
BEHAVIOR:

Shyness or Silence -- lack of participation.

POSSIBLE RESPONSES:

* Change teaching strategies from group discussion to individual written exercises or a videotape
* Give strong positive reinforcement for any contribution.
* Involve by directly asking him/her a question.
* Make eye contact.
* Appoint to be small group leader.
Back to top Go down
http://islameeting.bbflash.net
achrafamous

achrafamous

Male
Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2006-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Student's Shyness/Silence   Student's Shyness/Silence EmptyThu 28 Dec - 8:23

i found this topic very interesting but i prefer to give some advoces to The student allowance the Professor :

Study and NEVER skip class or homework assignments... if you have questions ask your teacher... it can be easy if you keep on top of it, but the second you skip a lesson you will be lost.

achrafamous
T.C.Sc7
Back to top Go down
bilal

Male
Number of posts : 5
Emploi : student
Registration date : 2007-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Student's Shyness/Silence   Student's Shyness/Silence EmptyFri 2 Feb - 4:04

found this topic very interesting but i prefer to give some advoces to The student allowance the Professor :

Study and NEVER skip class or homework assignments... if you have questions ask your teacher... it can be easy if you keep on top of it, but the second you skip a lesson you will be lost.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 582
Emploi : Teacher
Registration date : 2006-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Student's Shyness/Silence   Student's Shyness/Silence EmptyFri 2 Feb - 4:34

achrafamous wrote:
I found this topic very interesting but I prefer to give some advices to the student allowance the Professor :

Study and NEVER skip class or homework assignments...
Iif you have questions ask your teacher...
it can be easy if you keep on top of it, but the second you skip a lesson you will be lost.

achrafamous
T.C.Sc7
Back to top Go down
https://english-classroom.actifforum.com
amal

Female
Number of posts : 4
Emploi : Student
Registration date : 2006-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Student's Shyness/Silence   Student's Shyness/Silence EmptyMon 28 May - 11:07

it is important to talk about students' problems, especially the ones that prevent them from improving themselves.so i find that shyness is one of the main problems from which students suffer.In fact, teachers should concentrate their attention in the classroom on shy students ,for exemple, by askin them to give their opinion on some topics. What these students need is your attention.Be sure you, teachers, will be surprised.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Student's Shyness/Silence   Student's Shyness/Silence Empty

Back to top Go down

Student's Shyness/Silence
Page 1 of 1